Minoan Line Ferries To Greece-Italy: General Conditions and Information
According to the S.O.LAS. regulation, the P.D. 23/99
of the Greek state and the European Union Communal Instruction 98/41 , it
is now mandatory, for reasons of safety, to state the following
information when making your reservation: Surname, Name (Initial), gender,
age category (child / adult / infant), type of vehicle and plate number.
Passengers who are not residents or nationals of an E.U. member state are
also required to provide additional information such as: Nationality,
Passport number and date of birth. Passengers requiring special care must
notify their travel agent or the company's main reservation offices.
- Reservations and bookings
- Reservations and bookings can be made through all cooperating
travel agencies, the central reservation office and the port
offices of the company.
The ticket is valid for one year from the issuing date and only
for the port of departure mentioned therein.
- The ticket is strictly personal. It is not transferable and is
valid only for the specific accommodation and route it has been
issued for. Any change must be reported to the issuing agent, the
central reservation offices or the port offices.
- Passengers with “open date” tickets should confirm their
reservations well in advance especially during high season. Such
tickets are valid for one year after the issuing date. Any
difference in price, is paid by the passenger and the ticket
should be validated by the issuing agency, the central reservation
office or the port office of departure.
- On the day of departure: the fare is not refunded.
- From 6 days up to 24 hours before departure: 50% refund.
- From 29 days up to 7 days before departure: 75% refund.
- Up to 30 days before departure: 90% refund.
- Refunds are issued only from the issuing agency.
- In the event of ticket loss, the passenger must notify the
issuing agent or the company in writing. The passenger is charged
for issuance of a new ticket. However, refund of the lost ticket
will be made at the end of the year if found non – utilized at the
year’s end checking by the revenue department.
Fares / Discounts
- In case of trip cancellation, passengers are entitled to a
full refund while the company has no further obligation.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the vessel for
which the ticket was issued after approval from the Ministry of
- Timetables, tariffs and travel conditions are subject to
changes without prior notice. Arrival times quoted in timetables
indicate the ship’s arrival at the port’s entrance (pilot
- Minoan Lines is not liable for any delay or cancellation
resulting from deviation or from not keeping the scheduled route
due to bad weather conditions, or orders by the Ministry of
Merchant Marine or the Port Authorities or due to force majeure.
- The tariffs for domestic and international routes include sea
passage in selected accommodation arrangements and all port
expenses. Meals and beverages are not included.
- The 30% return trip discount is offered exclusively for the
return fare of international routes when a round trip fare is
booked and is valid for any port of return. All other discounts
are not cumulative and only one of them is granted at a time, when
applicable conditions are met.
- Passengers entitled to discounted fares are kindly requested
to state it at the time of booking. Once the ticket is issued, no
refunds are allowed for price differences.
- Groups, trucks, buses and unescorted vehicles are subject to
special agreements Please Contact Hellas Ferries Center by Phone
+302103315905-6, by fax +302103315907 or e-mail to us
Cabins are characterized as 2,3 or 4 -berth depending on the number
of passengers occupying it, not on the number of beds.
Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge and are not
entitled to a berth or seat. However, a free ticket must be issued
for embarkation. A 50% discount is offered to children from 4 to 12
years of age.
Safety on Board
- Passengers must report at the port offices for check in at
least one hour before departure for the passengers, and 2 hours
for the vehicles
- Otherwise, the company reserves the right to dispose of the
reserved accommodation without any refund to the passenger.
- For vehicles, boarding time and priority list is subject to
local port authority regulations at the port of departure. Vehicle
operators are responsible for their vehicle’s embarkation
according to the ship’s crew instructions.
- Vehicle passengers should exit the vehicle before embarkation.
Vehicle category is shown on the ticket.
Special needs Passengers
- Neither the carrier nor the ship are liable for any accident,
loss or damage occurring prior to boarding, during loading and
- It is strictly forbidden for passengers to carry firearms,
explosives, flammables, combustibles and other dangerous
substances or materials on board.
There are specially designed cabins on all our vessels and all
common areas are easily accessible. Due to limited availability it
is advisable to book early.
- Luggage may be left inside vehicles. Passengers are kindly
requested to take their personal belongings that might be used
during the voyage.
- Access to the ship’s garage during the voyage is prohibited.
- The company shall not be held liable in case of loss of money
or valuables stored in cars, luggage, common areas or cabins.
Passengers are welcome to check cash and valuables with the
Purser’s office for safekeeping.
Camping on Board
- Use of public areas of the ship is free for all passengers. It
is prohibited however, to sleep or eat in the lounges and bars.
- Our shops on board offer a wide variety of products at very
- Camping on board service is available from 1st of April until
31st of October.
- Camping on board passengers are welcome to use all public
areas of the ship. The supply of electricity for caravans and
trailers and the use of WC and showers is free of charge. Camping
on board is a service subject to local port authorities rules and
- For safety reasons, passengers with Camping on Board
arrangements are not allowed to use propane or any other cooking
or heating gas during the entire stay on board.
- The following credit cards are accepted in the shops and the a
la carte restaurants on board: American Express / DINERS / VISA/
MASTERCARD/ EURO CARD.
- EURO is the official currency on board.
Pets travel free of charge in specially designated kennels on the
ship’s deck. Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins.
Pet owners are responsible for feeding and pet hygiene. Pet owners
are required to have their pet’s valid health papers with them.
- General Information
- Passengers are responsible for complying with all Port, Health
and customs regulations.
Passengers ought to comply with the ship’s captain and crew
instructions regarding public order and safety on board.
- Passengers must contact the captain or the staff captain
should a complaint arises while on board. They may also contact
MINOAN LINES or the port authorities after the end of the journey.
- This contract of carriage is governed by Greek Law. Any claim
arising from, or on the occasion of this contract is subject to
the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Piraeus, irrespective
of its legal basis. Carriage, whether domestic or international,
is subject to the provisions and financial limits of
responsibility of: a) The Athens Convention of 13.12.1974 and its
protocol of 19.11.1976 (Law 1922/1991) and b) the Brussels
Convention of 25.8.1924 and its protocols of 23.2.1968 &
21.12.1979 (Law 2107/1992) to the extend that the above provisions
apply to the carriage of passengers, their luggage and vehicles,
as the said provisions are in force in Greece.